Dinosaur of the day Cedarosaurus, a Brachiosaurid (high browser) that has been found with over 100 gastroliths.
Interview with Philip Millar, the Associate Creative Director at Creature Technology. The people who made the Walking with Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular, Jurassic World: The Exhibition, and many other amazing puppets.
In dinosaur news this week:
- A new mamenchisaurid sauropod, Anhuilong diboensis, was found in China about 200 miles southwest of Shanghai
- A juvenile Diplodocus skull was found with a mixture of teeth similar to those in adult Diploducus and Camarasaurus indicating they probably ate more diverse food than the adults
- A new early dinosaur/bird named Yangavis confucii, had a toothless beak, and relatively large claws on its wings compared to its closest relatives
- An emerging field called bio-inspired robotics aims to mimic nature to make robots, including those that can traverse rough terrain
- Models of dinosaur movement could help us build better robots and architecture
- At least 15 new dinosaur eggs from the cretaceous have been found in Zhejiang China
- Schools in Cimarron County, Oklahoma, can request to visit a dinosaur dig site where they can dig for fossils and learn about the history of the area
- Saurian recently updated their Triceratops to include four life stages and their T. rex to a featherless form
- One mom dressed her whole family (including 4 kids ages 4-10) in inflatable T. rex costumes to take a photo announcing she’s expecting her fifth child
This episode is brought to you in part by TRX Dinosaurs, which makes beautiful and realistic dinosaur sculptures, puppets, and animatronics. You can see some amazing examples and works in progress on Instagram @trxdinosaurs
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Cedarosaurus, more links from Philip Millar, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Cedarosaurus-Episode-203/